Tuesday, 29 May 2007

Czech tv

On Sunday during our excursion I spent some time asking the czechs about what is on their tv.

The concensus was that there isn't really english speaking world shows on cz tv... except that after the velvet revolution they showed Dallas but that didn't last long.

So, I decided to investigate. I found a tv guide among the junk mail that comes to the flat and guess what? There is heaps of it!!! Then I turned on the tv to see "The Nanny" dubbed in Czech! It is not an improvement either - they dub the laugh too! Here is a short list of shows they have here, dubbed in cz of course... I retain cz names of some for amusement, I'm sure you will get it...

Ally McBealova
Simpsonovi
Sabrina the teenage witch, in cz the young witch
Step by Step (1992)
Komisar Rex - Inspector Rex, natuerlich(1998)
Knight Rider (1982)
Diagnosis Murder (1994)
The Nanny (1997) - with Fran Fineova
Stargate (2005)
24 (2003)
Sylvester a Tweety
Scooby-Doo (1976)
Tom a Jerry
Mr Bean - with pana Beana
Lost (2005)
Desperate Housewives (2005)
Dr House - House
NCIS
CSI
CSI: New York
The Closer
Grey's Anatomy

So, a bit of a mixed bag, but not a worry. Btw Jan did tell me they have desperate housewives and he likes it (eekkkkkkk). And they are ALL DUBBED IN CZECH...

Oh yeah, and I can understand the weather info on the tv too... And on another note I found the local call sign for BBC world service so listened to that a bit.