Tuesday, 19 June 2007

In the ´fatherland´ 17 and 18 June

Well, I might be in another world here in Hradec Kralove, the folks don´t really speak English and I have been forced to speak a bit of Czech.

I came by bus on Monday lunchtime. Walked from the bus stop to old town because I wasn´t sure about the public transport. Found my penzion and checked in. It´s a former jesuit college and my cell is small but comfortable.

There is a tv, which has... CNN. Tv in English, it is such a relief. And for entertainment there are some German tv channels too. That is sooooooo good. I can´t tell you how good it is to get German tv. I watched Rex in Czech then found RTL, SAT1, SAT2, it was great. Also I have Eurosport so watched some sumo wrestling last night.

Included breakfast of bread, cheese, honey, cherry yoghurt, juice.

I am now at the only public internet computer in the town. I might do some more exploring today although there isn´t much more to see, went for walk last night-evening to Tesco and found some fabric shops that sell, you guessed it, beads will check out today.

No photos this week, I´m in the sticks. Will add to my posts on return to Prague.

The paternal birthplace is calling, it´s architecturally very nice but small.