Well, it is time for me to leave Edinburgh, place of schizo weather and fun times.
Tomorrow I will spend half the day on the train to Inverness, a quicker than I hoped for stop there, then on to Carbisdale Castle where my Mum lived and worked for a month many years ago. Two nights there, then on to John O'Groats, which is about as far north as you can go on the mainland. Hoping to go to the Orkney Islands for some puffin-spotting at some point. This wasn't really part of the plan but once the idea struck I'm just going with it now... I know it's going to get cold up there but I'm hoping to get a hint of the 'land of the midnight sun' type action - and to see just how long the days can get... new found excitement in stuff like that, and going to the prime meridian... can you visit the international date line??? Anyone? Maybe I just have to go back to Hawaii to go over it twice, yet again? Does that count???
I haven't backblogged Ireland yet but the food was good... above you will see Bailey's cheesecake - a true delight... which I had on my first night in Belfast.
Who knows if they even have internet access up there - so I might be off this for a bit, hope y'all liked my latest photos.