Day trip to the Orkney Islands. It was a good thing that I booked in for the day trip as there was nothing to do in John O'Groats on a Sunday. The single shop was closed. It was freezing and with rain in the morning things were looking a bit bleak.
Boat ride on the Pentland Venture - it was a bit reminiscent of 'The Life Aquatic - with Steve Zisou' only no Owen Wilson in a woolly jumper to brighten things up. The sea was rough and big and dark and luckily I didn't throw up...
Made it to the Orkneys in the foggy morning, it was a very mystical atmosphere and I have some great photos to share once I am somewhere with decent internet.
Went touring around, highlighs included, cows, sheep, Orkney Ice-cream, Stone age village of Skara Brae, Standing stones - Orkneys equivalent of Stonehenge, rain, chips, chinese food in the Orkneys... and a Czech stalker.
Lots more to write but am off to see my genealogist friend for more dirt on naughty people in 18th century Inverness, will fix this later on today...