So now I get down to the nitty gritty... a visit to the place where one of my first fleeters was imprisoned at least twice prior to transportation.
An encounter with another obnoxious englishman who welcomed me 'home'.
Misinformation in intro video re Henry Kabel, their sole case study on prisoners of the 18th century, slighty annoyed about lack of prison information seeing as that was the main use of the castle for 500 years...
So, it was good to have been there but it sort of put a dampener on my Norwich experience. They have filled the place with temporary exhibits including one which is thisGerman guy's collection of everyday objects, I am not sure whether it was a bit amusing or a testament to the wastefulness of consumerism or what... will need to reflect proplerly.
A few instruments of punisment but nothing like what I saw in Czech Republic, things you don't even want to know about let alone have in your face, like an executioner's sword.
Also went into dungeons but was totally underwhelming and not scary enough for me.
I think maybe the emphasis was a bit off but then again maybe not everyone is so obsessed with crime and punishment as me?