Beer, in Germany? - no way. It's apfelschorle actually...
Salty spagetti with chanterelle mushrooms. Was channelling Bruce from 44 Scotland St - hope his was better than this.
Side salad in Frankfurt, swimming in dressing.
London in the rain, view from airport shuttle bus.
The flat got cleaned (I left it better than it was when I arrived), the bags got packed and for under $AUD2 I made my way to Prague airport on Tuesday afternoon. Reaqlly smooth check-in and security at Prague, really nice airport to depart from. Nice chocolates and cosmetics to buy there too, but I didin't have the space for them...
Decent flight to Frankfurt (except for the bread roll snack with mysterious meat inside that I avoided).
Easy shuttling to airport hotel. Undertook all interaction with staff in German, even though they were speaking English to other customers, a good effort, but where else am I going to use it? Curious waiter in the restaurant who would walk most of the way to the waiters station or kitchen doors and then skid the final part, it was quite bizarre, I reckon he'll fall over one of these days... the pasta was passable, but really far too salty. And the salad was soaking in dressing. Pictures to come later.
Super-fast check-out this morning (wed), and long wait time at Frankfurt for my flight to even come up on the board, but issn't it fun when all the destinations start flicking over, there's an old-world charm to it, especially when some of the destinations have 'typos'.
Extra security at frankfurt, everyone on my flight had to have bags x-rayed twice and go through metal detectors twice, and then an extra passport check too. And then it wasn't a matter of walking straight onto the plane but we had walk down to the tarmac and go by bus across to where the plane was waiting. So it was definitely stricter all around.
No probs at heathrow. Bit of a queue for passport control, looking forward to getting my EU passport so it should be quicker next time around. Located shuttle bus fine. Then I went on a very circuitous route around London as I was the last one on the bus to be dropped off, after the folks before me who are staying at the ritz were delivered then I got dropped at the youth hostel. Ha ha ha.