This internet cafe computer has stopped letting me upload photos so the rest will have to wait a bit... some back blogging below...
The point is that I am now in Dublin going exploring some more this afternoon. Everything is very expensive, my head hurts, and I wonder if I am a bit over this yet? I am however sustained by the prospect that in the next couple of days I hope to dig some original dirt on the Irish side of the family at the National Archives here in Dublin and a few other places I have found out about. Hopefully somrthing will turn up. I have one solid lead (reference number of emigration documents) to start with, hopefully more will turn up.
The sound of seabirds' calls that I found endearing in Holyhead is starting to get on my nerves.
Quite a week from the bowels of Moravia to Franky-furt to London to Wales and now Dublin, no wonder I'm a bit tired...
Still having fun with the popularity contest that is facebook (is that the point? trying to get my head around it), fun to see who knows who like how a primary school pal I haven't seen for over 15 years has a friend of one of my brother's friends who joined us last new year's eve for a party on his list. That was mega weird seeing as I didn't even know her surname, but I do now...