Another day in London, here's what I got up to...
A slow start, then final (yes, I mean it this time) posting of books and papers home.
I was in the neighbourhood so I took myself off to the National gallery where I viewed, among others, Sunflowers by Van Gogh. I then had a delightful snack of hot chocolate (with whipped cream) and a super cupcake.
I then went to the British Museum to see the Rosetta stone and be generally apalled and the collection of antiquities. Also to be pushed around by Japanese tourist women who were taking photos of each other in front of sarcophigi (is that right pl?). It was a bit bizarre, a bit of a circus, totally packed with tourists and just crazy generally.
Then I went walkies to see the houses of parliament. And past Downing street (which is very heavily barricaded). And then around Westminster Abbey and finally around Buckingham Palace.
A slightly interesting choice for dinner. It is a personal 'rule' not to frequent untested restaurants that have no customers. Tonight I broke the rule and reaped the rewards. Great Indian near my hotel, and not too expensive considering the amount of food I got for it.