Blogger tells me what number I'm up to, so I thought I would share.
My last full day in 'Europe' and I almost managed everything I hoped for today.
Started off catching the tube the wrong way, which made my arrival at the tower of London slightly delayed, no matter. Went on the free guided tour, then went to see the crown jewels.
Down at the Globe
Crossed the Tower Bridge and walked to The Globe just stopping for... ice-cream (it is stinking hot here, so I think you will excuse me).
Turns out when I eventually got there that the Globe had a how on so no tour of it but tour to the Rose theatre instead - actually the dig site where they hope to make something. Sort of underneath a building and dark and just lights showing where it was. Then browsing around the exhibition at the new Globe - half of it on how the recreated the theatre.
Then walked over Millenium bridge for a quick look around St Paul's Cathedral, limited as service (Evensong) was being held.
Pipes ahoy
Then tube to Baker street, for Sherlock Holmes Museum - that is one weird place... not to mention the guy pretending to be Dr Watson, when I walkedin the room I wasn't sure if he was real or wax a la Mme Tussaud's (which I passed on).
Beatlemania
Then went by tube to St John's Wood stn for Abbey Road pilgrimmage. Found my way to the crossing, it must be the most crossed zebra crossing anywhere, the paint is so faded and worn, quite funny really.
Back on the tube and back to the hotel where I am now. Even spotted a trainspotter spotting underground trains, his shirt pocket stuffed with pens, 2 notebooks in his hands and the feverish jotting of carriage numbers and destinations. The only thing I didn't get to was Royal Albert Hall but I will do that a maybe a few palaces next time.
So the end of this leg is here. Tomorrow it's off to Munich, and then the big flight to Hong Kong. Overnight there on Tuesday and then Hong Kong to Sydney on Wednesday.
FIN
(subject to addition of photos and editorial correction)