A fairly uneventful Sunday afternoon. Just when I think I know where I am going I get lost in the alleyways of the old town of Prague... oh well, I guess that's what a week in the "sticks" does to you.
I wanted to go over to lesser town to find the Prague Jewellery Collection (self-explanatory)and the Kampa Museum (art). I figured I would go by foot and brave the Charles Bridge. All was going well until I was nearly on the other side when I heard a little tinkling noise. It was not the vendor of little pipe flutes on the bridge, nor one of the many buskers, oh no. It was a little boy urinating into a drain hole in the bridge. There he was under his mother's gaze peeing freely. Thankfully the sound forewarned me so I could give him and his splash-back (too much info?) a very wide berth. That is so bad for so many reasons. The place is swarming with tourists who are all wielding cameras so God knows someone could have taken photos. It sends shivers down my spine, really it does.
Anyway, I wandered around, couldn't locate the Jewellery Collection even though it is supposed to be next to the Kafka Museum, there are no signposts. So I gave up wandered around Kampa a bit and then caught the metro to Namesti Republiky to buy envelopes at the Paperictivni (this is my favourite type of shop over here - stationer's, party supplies all in one) in Kotva to send some things (beads) home in. Then back to Novodvorska for Tescoing. Followed by a surprising dinner of bread and smoky cheese strings, I think i might be addicted to them and I don't know what I am going to do in the UK/Ireland without them...